Graduate Support Worker: Events and Marketing
The post is for 10 months only and open to a recent graduate.
Start Date: Monday 12th September 2022
What is the International Society?
The International Society, a registered charity (521248) established in October 1966, is an independent non-profit organisation, unique to Greater Manchester. The International Society works to support international students, promote international friendship and celebrate cultural diversity and through this work makes a contribution to international relations and community cohesion. We aim to provide international students with a warm and friendly welcome when they arrive in the city and to make their time in the UK a life-enhancing experience. The International Society is open to everyone and many of our members are British students and members of the local community in Manchester who enjoy meeting people from overseas and learning about other cultures. We offer a wide programme of trips around the UK, language classes, social events, a hospitality programme, community projects and volunteering opportunities.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, motivated, flexible and able to work on their own initiative. They will have excellent organisational and communication skills, and an interest in different cultures and meeting people from all over the world. Experience of organising and running social events is essential. Knowledge of catering experience, using social media, Canva and Meta Business Suite is desired.
Please do ensure that you have a right to work in the UK for a minimum of 10 months.
Duties and Responsibilities
– Planning, organising and running the International Society’s social events programme.
– Assisting in maintaining social media platforms with fresh new content, creating marketing assets for events, coordinating and distributing promotional items as required.
– Leading the International 16 project.
– Promoting the international Society at universities and local colleges to increase awareness of opportunities available to stakeholders and increase student engagement.
– Working on reception; giving information, using the database, operating the till, and selling memberships and tickets.
– Developing positive relationships with members and maintaining a high level of customer service.
– Facilitating the Society’s intercultural school projects and increasing engagement of University of Manchester volunteers.
– General duties as assigned by the Director
Conditions of Service
35 hours per week full time (hours would vary with some early starts/lates/weekends). The starting salary for this post would be £19,209 per annum pro-rata. There is a holiday entitlement of 23 days per year pro-rata, plus an additional four days during the Society’s Christmas and New Year vacation period, together with 8 public/bank holidays. The post is for 10 months only.
How to Apply
Please email your CV and a covering letter to Alex D’Netto, email@example.com Deadline for applications to be submitted: 5.00pm (UK time) Monday 8th August 2022. Interviews to take place from week beginning Monday 15th August 2022.
0161 275 4959
c/o UMSU, Oxford Road,
Manchester, M13 9PR
Our offfice is located at the ground floor of University of Manchester’s Students’ Union.
The International Society is a registered charity. Our Charity Commision number is 521248.
© International Society 2020